Issa, House GOP Preparing Major Investigations of Obama Administration
Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who will become chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee when the 112th Congress is sworn in Wednesday, told The Washington Post he plans to lead six major investigations in the first three months of the year. That will call for a grueling schedule, since congressional investigations often take months to bear fruit.
On Issa’s list:
• WikiLeaks’ release of classified diplomatic cables
• Recalls at the Food and Drug Administration
• The role of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the foreclosure crisis
• The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission’s failure to identify the origins of the meltdown
• Alleged corruption in Afghanistan
Issa is sure to make waves, because he’ll have subpoena power to compel officials to appear before his committee.
Read more: Issa, House GOP Preparing Major Investigations of Obama Administration
Goodtimepolitics: The Democrats should have known that some where down the road that their crooked dealings would come back home to roost!!